Real Estate Strategist Council Approval Consultants
Need Council Approval For Your Granny Flat?

RES Council Approvals specialise in gaining council consent for granny flats and any
associated works on your behalf. Backed by our strong team of experienced,
professional consultants and technical assistants, we act as your single, one-stop
solution for all planning approvals, council permits and private certifier services.

This means we save you time, money, frustration and all the running around when
dealing with regulatory authorities so you can focus on doing the things you enjoy!

What Is The Development Consent Process For Granny Flats and
Secondary Dwellings?

A granny flat, or secondary dwelling, is a fully self-contained building attached or
separate to an individual home. Your local Council or an accredited private certifier
can grant development consent for your granny flat as complying development
provided it meets the specific development criteria, as specified under the NSW State
Environmental Planning Policy.

How Do I Get Approval For My Granny Flat?

Applications for building approval for a secondary dwelling or granny flat can be made
in two ways.

1. RES Planning Approvals can assist you gain development consent through an
accredited certifier if your proposed granny flat meets the development standards in
the NSW State policy.

2. RES Planning Approvals can submit a development application to your local Council
on your behalf. A development application is necessary if your proposed granny flat
does not meet the development standards under the NSW State Environmental
Planning Policy.

Why Choose RES Planning Approvals For Your Secondary Dwelling
Building Approval?

RES Planning Approvals work to guide you through the entire building approval
process by preparing and lodging all architectural and hydraulics plans, reports, Basix,
surveys and submission documents, obtaining permits and providing regular progress
updates, keeping in constant touch with you and informing you about any changes to
the regulatory process.

What Are The Guidelines For Development Approval For Secondary

To gain consent for your granny flat as complying development it must be:

1. Established in conjunction with another dwelling, known as the principal dwelling.
2. On the same lot of land as the principal dwelling and not an individual lot in a strata
plan or community title scheme
3. May be within, attached to, or separate from the principal dwelling.

What Are The Expected Approval Times For CDC?

A granny flat may be approved in about 2 weeks under CDC, if it meets the complying
development provisions.

So, How Can I Get My Granny Flat Approved?

Call us to find out more about our fast, friendly, cost-effective planning approvals
email us today!
Granny Flat Approvals
This site is an online information and communications service for general information only. By
using this site you agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions. We reserve the right to
amend or update these terms of use at any time.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.

Copyright 2018 Real Estate Strategist Approvals
Whether you're a home owner, a licensed builder or property investor seeking to develop
for increased return on investment, we can help streamline the council approval process.
email us to organise a time for a chat.
Want More Information?
Get Your Free Quote, Now!
We specialise in council approval and certifier services
to get your granny flat approval faster,
more affordably & without the worry and frustration
of dealing with government red tape!
Council Approvals and Planning Consent For Secondary Dwellings, Granny Flats and Swimming Pools
© 2018 Real Estate Strategist Council Approvals    |        |    [E]